Moussaka


I made Moussaka the week before last, I was making a 'three portion' dish for my friend to serve to her sister and BIL and the rest I froze for our own consumption. As I was at the hairdressers today, and knew I wouldn't be back till after 4pm, I left this out to defrost. The recipe I used comes from the Good Housekeeping 50h Anniversary Edition, The Cooks Classic Companion.

60ml (4tbsp) sunflower oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
450g(1lb) minced lamb or beef
400g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
1.25ml (1/4 tsp) ground cinnamon
5ml (1tsp) dried oregano
salt & pepper
900g (2lb) small or medium aubergines (eggplant) sliced
50g (2oz) butter
50g (2oz) plain white flour
600ml (1 pint) milk
25g (1oz) Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
1 egg yolk
30 ml (2tbsp) fresh breadcrumbs


MoussakaAubergines, onion, minced lamb, rather battered old Le Creuset Casserole dish!

Moussaka1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan, add the onion and fry gently for about 10 minutes until soft.
MoussakaStir in the meat and cook until evenly browned stirring from time to time to break up the meat.
MoussakaAdd the tomatoes, cinnamon, oregano and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
Moussaka2. Meanwhile brush the aubergines with oil and grill until softened and golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper
Moussaka3. Melt the butter In a pan stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring and cook, stirring for 3 - 4 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Allow to cool slightly, then beat in half of the cheese and the egg yolk: season. (NO PICTURE)

Moussaka4. Arrange half of the aubergines over the base of a 2.8 litre (5 pint) shallow ovenproof dish. Spread the meat mixture on top and cover with the remaining aubergines. Spoon the suce over the top and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and reamining cheese.
MoussakaBake in the oven at 180C (350F) Mark 4 for about 45 minutes until golden. Serve accompanied by a crisp salad.

Related Site

-easyrecipesofchicken

-recipesoffoodanddrink

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Pot Noodle Advert - Moussaka Rap

Bare Good Advert
Lyics..



Lick it
I'm making vegetarian Moussaka with cheese from Osaka
got some herbs from the market in a wicki wicker basket
mixing sugar and starches with my juicy pe-aches
snaps and I'm down with my Cinnamon sticks
T-glaze...and I'm slicin' and dicin' with my Tungsten blade
I got DOLPHIN friendly sea-bass that I got filayed ( Filleted )
from the free range ORPHANS OF Belgrade
only three more hours...till it's made"

Jay i no ur watchin this unblock us ffs or il get peters dad to chase u

Title: Musakka Moussaka Recipe "Eggplant Casserole" Vegetarian

http://www.DedeMed.com Musakka Moussaka Recipe "Eggplant Casserole" Vegetarian style by DedeMed, for this recipe and other recipes visit http://www.DedeMed.com






0 comments:

Post a Comment